Monday, May 8, 2017

Graduation Speeches

Hello and welcome to all parents, family members, faculty members, and the class of 2017.

Well graduates, we made it. As a group, we started together from the very bottom, and now the whole team here.

We have come so far together as a group of more than just classmates, but as friends. Growing stronger physically and mentally. We fought our way through all the struggles that life threw at us. Looking back to where it all started, elementary school felt like it went by in a blink of an eye. I remember everything from my first day at Hynes, to sitting on the back of Bus D and B as "4th graders", or known as "the rulers of the school.". But soon enough elementary school came to a close, and I remember thinking to myself, "really? we have another 4 years of school after this."

Well, it was true, and off to middle school we went. It seems like middle school just started yesterday. Coming into an environment where the school was bigger and where we were given more independence. With the addition of learning to shower and apply deodorant everyday to our sweaty changing bodies.

My time here at district 67 has changed who I am, but more importantly the teachers here have shaped me into who I am today. I would like to give a thank you to all the teachers at district 67 but a special thank you to the 7th and 8th grade teachers. Knowing that we all are in an important part of our lives you have placed every thought and in our head, giving us the ambition to learn more and more, and pushing us everyday to achieve our goal even if we were starting to give up. To teaching us practical skills such as job interviews, presentations, public speaking, how to tie a tie, they taught us everything that would have us be prepared for what's ahead of us.

Finally I would like to thank you to all my friends and my classmates who have gotten me here. Even though we might not have gotten off to the best start for some.

Although some may not believe this, but as individuals we were all destined to do something great. With the ability to shape the future we have become powerful young men and women. This journey has been no walk in the park. We overcame obstacles and have had our fair share of disappointment, but we all picked ourselves up and kept going. You know J.Cole once said ....


"Can I ball, become a star and remain myself?
If I fall, dust it off and regain myself
F***  'em all, they don't know all the pain I felt
I'm in awe, after all the fame I felt, I evolved."


This journey is only a stepping stone of our life, but a foundation on which we will build ourselves around. Thank you for the impact everyone has had on me, and knowing that life will only get harder with high school and day to day life, just prepare for the worst, and also knowing that I won't be with the same twenty sum people all day will be something I have to adjust too.

As we go our separate ways with our priceless knowledge I want everyone here to remember to strive to be great. and fight like the warriors we were born to be, but most importantly, follow your dream and what makes you happy. You'll live through your pain and strength you will gain. As they always do, your dreams will come true. Thank you and congratulations to the class of 2017.

2 comments:

  1. Your speech gave me a lot of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on this special milestone!

    ReplyDelete